[3830] SS CW KL4SD Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KL4SD Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 04:44:14 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KL4SD
Operator(s): WL7F WL7BDO KL7TH
Station: KL4SD

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   46
   20:  244
   15:  210
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Fantastic conditions.   Heard every section but with our low power unable to
work NE, EWA and QC.   Met the goal of raising the bar for MSLP for the AK
section.   Thanks to old hand Wes WL7F for doing the heavy lifting and helping
to train Traci KL7TH and Carl WL7BDO who worked hard to help with logging,
holding the station for small breaks and tracking down every section we could
during the short overlapping openings to those on the Eastern Side of the
continent.   The newly positioned 40 meter phased verticals and repaired
tri-band yagi performed fantastic from the ideal location on top of a mountain
in central Alaska. The station is fully off the grid and runs on batteries,
solar panels and a small gas generator.   Was a wonderful cool sunny winter day
with a fresh layer of snow and near zero (F) temperatures.  Thanks to all who
called and worked us.  And no we did not try and make all those numbers even
500-80-80000!  That just was how it ended after we fixed the errors.