[3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 07:11:20 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CN79mq
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    1
   80:   53
   40:  135
   20:  306
   15:   48
   10:    0
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The bands were better than I expected, except for 10m, which was a no-show.
My SS goal is to get the mug, so Qs and points are in second place. Lots of
S&P. NT was one of the first to be worked, and AB was the last. I saw VE6EX
spotted numerous times, but heard nothing until 2300z on Sunday. Second-last was
QC at 1815z.

This was my first major contest after the move from CN89, and my only antenna
is a 260' doublet up about 75' in the trees, fed with real open-wire line.
Works on all bands via a tuner. As N4GG would say, a "wire in the
woods". I cracked many a pile-up on a weak station, so I felt that I was
loud. Or was it just skill? The towers won't be up until spring.

YL VA7VF will be in the SSB version, and I'll be back for the CQWWCW next
month.

Ralph, nr 543 U VE7XF 54 BC