[3830] SS CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 16:10:04 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:30

------------
  160:
   80:   79
   40:  119
   20:  405
   15:  112
   10:
------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, Windom, Steppir 3el @55ft, CQ/X 1.8.0.13

This was my first SS CW in several years as a single op and, largely due to the
antennas at the Jefferson ARC club headquarters station, it turned out to be my
best effort in the single op unassisted category. I had been having good
results running in the Wednesday CWOps CWT contests so I thought I could
probably do well holding a frequency and running stations. That seemed to be
the case as almost all the Qs were in that mode which allowed me to exceed my
goal of 700 Qs and 100K points, something I had never done before as a single
op. The downside of all that running and being unassisted is that I did not
make a clean sweep, missing NT, NE, VI, and EWA.

Due to other commitments and the fact that the park where the station is
located locks the gate at 9:45pm my operating time was somewhat limited but
fortunately the available time was prime time and I was able to put in a
serious effort during that time. Pleasantly surprised by the production on 15m
and the windom playing well on 80m. Totals on 80m would have been better if I
had not had to shut down a little early due to park closure.

SS-CW is one of my favorites and is always fun and participation seemed to be
quite good. I'm hoping to get some club members together as a multi-op to
participate in the phone SS in a couple of weeks using the club call, W5GAD.
Listen up for us.

73/Chuck/NO5W