[3830] SS CW VE9HF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE9HF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 22:42:05 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE9HF
Operator(s): VE9HF
Station: VE9HF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fredericton, NB
Operating Time (hrs): 4:02

------------
  160:    0
   80:   48
   40:  111
   20:   74
   15:   10
   10:    0
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I called CQ for 4 hours and at least conditions were good enough that people
would actually answer. I typically ran 400 watts out to a Hustler 6BTV in the
backyard. I think one of the three 811A's in my amp is going. Every so often
the amp would make a whumping noise and the occasional blue flash. Hard to say
how old the tubes are in the 20 year old amp, but at least 811A's are
relatively cheap. I've now removed the tube that I think is responsible and am
going to test a bit to see if the whumping is gone. I have a new tube "in
stock" luckily.