[3830] CQWW SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:54:23 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2225    30       86
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2225    30       86  Total Score = 538,124

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were so-so here in British Columbia, and so was the score.

   Missed many garden variety European countries, and worked only three total
on CQs the entire weekend. Every other EU (about 75 total) was S&P (and
many others of them could not hear me and called CQ in my face).  Worked
probably 50x JAs on CQ.

    Was a complete shutout to zones 28, 29, 26, 22, 21, and 18.  Was very lucky
to find JT5DX at the right time to work him at around 0330 on Friday night, and
UP2L called with a 1/2 hour to go for Z17.

    It's normal for me on 20M in this contest to be called by around 50 or so
EAs while running USA.  This year I was called by zero of them.

    The only saving grace was being able to run lots of Ws, but the weak guys
were REALLY weak this time out.  I was thankful to achieve 2.1 points per QSO.

    Many thanks go as always to Allan, VE7SZ, for hosting me for another CQWW
contest effort.  The station itself played fine given the mediocre conditions,
and the line noise that sometimes causes trouble for us was not to be heard.

    See everyone for CW.

73,
Gary
VA7RR