[3830] SS SSB N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 03:09:40 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  160:   0
   80:  11
   40:  29
   20:  10
   15:  14
   10:   0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Again, condition quite unfavorable to 5 watts or less operation much of the
time.  I don't have the patience to work 8 or less Q's per hour in the bleak
times when even 80 meters is long and signals are weak.  Sunday mornings until
mid afternoon are out for personal reasons.  I stuck through it for 6 times the
number of Q's I had promised to attempt, so, I did my part.

Anyway, on Sunday Afternoon, instead of trying 40, I stuck with 15 and 20 until
they died (for me, at least).   By then 40 was long, weak, and folks hadn't
migrated to 80.  By the time folks arrived on 80, it was long, weak, also.  So
I worked only a few, and gave up.

The contest community has said I'm nuts, and I'll agree. I've operated as guest
op in a multi-multi "contest grade" station.  Such an operation is
akin shooting ponds in a duck, and hardly worth the (lack of finesee in the)
effort to rack up a score.

So, I'm content with a modest score, depending on conditions, and I'll let the
"contest aficionados" laugh at my laughable efforts.