[3830] SS SSB NQ6N SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, matt@nq6n.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NQ6N SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 03:13:04 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NQ6N
Operator(s): NQ6N
Station: NQ6N

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8:22

------------
  160:
   80:  143
   40:  269
   20:   64
   15:   37
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Between work, kids, and naps I managed to put in a few fun hours.  I erroneously
thought that going assisted would make it easy to find a sweep. Hence, no
sweep.

Really superb conditions on Saturday, and a nice opening on 15m Sunday with a
pipeline first to CA then to AZ, nearly all signals were S9+20.  I even got a
call from a UK station wishing to get in on the fun on 15m.

The most useful thing I did since SSCW was to create a hotkey in Windows to
toggle between antennas.  I wrote a short script using a program called
AutoHotKey that allows me to press CTRL-A and switch between all antennas
configured for the band I'm on.  In my case that's only 40m and only two
antennas, but it made it very fast to determine which antenna offered better
copy and to switch it up during CQing, all without removing typing focus from
N1MM or touching the mouse.   Looking forward to adding a few more antennas and
using this on bands besides 40.  I'm happy to share this script with anyone who
is interested.

40 and 80 got really noisy in the last hour or two, and it seemed like most
participants had already called it quits in the last hour.

Thanks to all for the Q's.

Station:

K3, Expert 2K-FA, Yamaha CM-500 headset.  N1MM+ Logger. Apple 101 Key USB
keyboard.

Antennas:
160: Inverted L + FCP
80: Inverted L + FCP
40: 1/4 wave vertical w/ 27 radials, dipole at 35'
20: 20m EDZ at 60'
15: ''
10: ''