[3830] SS SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 03:35:09 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 13.3

------------
  160:
   80:   92
   40:  165
   20:   63
   15:   30
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The usual low power battle to be heard! I did have some small success with a few
short runs, but they dried up way too soon, and I kept getting nudged off my run
frequency by other stations. Bounced between S&P, short runs when I could
find a slot to slid into, and running after mults from spots.
Missed ND-DE-MS-QC. Saw them all spotted, but ND was always on the wrong band
(20m) at wrong time for my prop. Could not break through the pile on DE
Saturday night, and never saw a DE after that. Ran into a MS station S&Ping
along with me and tried to get his attention a couple times by calling CQ on a
frequency in the direction he was moving, but no joy. Battled for the one and
only QC I heard on the band Saturday night (40m), but never got into his log,
and then he was gone S&Ping.
So very happy with the K3S roofing filters and DSP filtering. Some really wide
signals from some reputable contest stations. (Not in 9 land) Really amazing!

Hoping for a little propagation help for CQWWCW next up. I think it's going to
a challenge and a bit frustrating for us low power low/small antenna stations.

73 Gene N9TF
Operating conditions: K3S/P3 100 watts, N1MM+ logger, 2 element trbander at 37'
10/15/20, 40/80 short dipole (100') at 35'.