[3830] SS SSB K5YAA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g.j.jerry.chouinard@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K5YAA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 05:25:01 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  275
   40:  636
   20:  292
   15:   88
   10:    0
------------

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

CKs prior to 1959 are getting rarer and rarer. I suppose in a handful more years
even 59 will start to fade from the exchanges but for now still going pretty
strong.

40 and 80 more than made up for the lack of ten meters. Starting on 15 at the
beginning wasn't necessarily the best choice as rates on 20 were much stronger
once moving there. Sunday on 15 had DX answering CQ SS so the band was quite
long. Mostly west was where all the 15 action was both days.

What a difference a mode makes as DE was not worked on the K5YAA CW run yet 5
stations called in from DE on SSB. Not using any spotting and mostly just
running and running makes a sweep is a treat.

Things are now greased for whats to come next weekend. Somehow the WW always
seems to "open" the bands so we shall see.

Thanks ARRL for keeping this contest patriarch going.

73 - Jerry K5YAA
Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, 6el 15, 6el 20, 3el 40 and a Vee on 80. N1MM+ logging.