[3830] SS SSB VE6EX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6ex@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE6EX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:06:28 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs): 23.99

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

Hi All:     If this was a book it would be ::

     **** 5watts from a place far away ****

    This was an exercise in propagation playing from Calgary..
   20 was wall to wall with the meter sitting at 30 over nine most of the time
and at least three on every frequency.. No hope there not even the big guns the
first day.. Thank god for 15 and wide open spaces.. Not a hope for a sweep and
the strategy was run and hope to get spotted, butttt....  lots of VE6es on
killed that..
   The low bands were hi noise and it was mostly over by 0100z (maybe a Q every
20 or half an hour ) . So if you heard me the band was open to me and I was
probably loud..
   I concentrated on running in the openings and forget the sweep (same as my
cw ss effort) Next to no QRP on tho...
   See you all in the ww..Dan VE6EX.. 72/73