[3830] SS SSB AB4B Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AB4B Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 21:04:25 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AB4B
Operator(s): AB4B
Station: AB4B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

------------
  160:
   80:  167
   40:  139
   20:  403
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Obligations all Saturday kept me from doing a serious effort this year.
Started out on Sunday morning on 20mtrs which seemed to be pretty active.
Only looked for sections once at that time. Found VY1MB and worked easily.
Took a few hours off and webt back to 20 with marginal results running. Took
another break then went to 40mtrs mid afternoon once again with a slow but
however got up above 7200 and zero beat a broadcast station and I was off
and running for a while. Got din-din call so another break was taken. I
returned
after sunset and started up on 80mtrs which was pretty good. I wasn't in tune
with the use of my new  80 mtr sqr array and switching it to pick folks up was
not very effecient but it was allowing me to work w6/7 plus midwest.I would
forget to switch it back to NE or SE and struggle with callers from those
locals.  So I was pretty much on course for the time spent with roughly 100 Q's
average per hour
for the time I had to spend. 20mtrs was truly productive and I hop in part to
the new 3 stack of 4 el yagis there. Had been gearing up for this portion of
the solar cycle all summer long. Thanks to Dan, K1TO of A1 Tower Service for
his efforts and analysis of what I had proposed to do in this antenna
reconfiguration project.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and best of the holidays to all,

 Tim AB4B
Toonersvile , AL
ROLL TIDE