[3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:31:11 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    4     4        4
   80:   22     7       11
   40:   71    16       37
   20:  209    27       68
   15:  207    23       56
   10:   42    12       20
------------------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3/100@100W.  F12 C3 @64'. 160M Inverted L with 8 elevated
radials (used on 160 and 40 Meters) 80/40 Fan Dipole NS at 50'. WriteLog
Version 12.09F.

Wow!  If Friday night and early Saturday conditions has lasted all weekend
would have been a fantastic contest.  In many respects this was a
"Good" contest but not as good as last years with 130 fewer contacts
less and about 300K points less, give or take a few.

I was ahead of last year's score by the end of the first 24-hour period, and
then couldn't keep it up with less conditions ... did try!

Unusual Saturday at 0625 UTC heard HS0ZAR and YE2A pounding in here peaking S9
+40 on Long Path.  Tried to work them, however, believe they were listening and
working short path stations.  Heard YE2A Sunday just before end about S7 on
short path and no long patch signal... hope these guys will keep LP at odd
hours in mind for future years!

Most all of the DX stations had clean signals this year. Several of the Big Gun
MM-M2-MS had lots of excess products and clicks.  Wish they would clean those
rigs up or turn the AMPs off.  K3LR was the only one that was always clean...
cannot say the same for the other "right coast" guns shooting in the
pond.

Sunday, even with lower conditions, I could run nice strings of JA and SA
stations - until a big gun would stomp on my puny 100W (Real) signal.  The last
one to do that was N0KQ - who, by the way has AC hum on his signal as well as
clicks (2300 UTC).

With 10's near demise crowding of the bands was extreme.  We do need to manage
the bad signals folks.  Audio MP3's may help contest committee decide how to
resolve inadequate technical behaviors.

73, Jim