[3830] CQWW CW WS7L SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WS7L SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 01:50:44 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   12     6        5
   80:   62    16       23
   40:  135    27       57
   20:  260    29       66
   15:  146    23       57
   10:   20    10       13
------------------------------
Total:  635   111      221  Total Score = 539,168

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Condx seemed better than the phone edition but maybe that just seemed worse
because it was phone. Either way my single op entry outperformed the M/S we ran
as W7TVC, even with 16 less hours on the air. I used the standard west coast
strategy of running JA whenever possible and mostly S&P everything else.
Did get a few SA and Caribbean by CQing but S&P was much more productive
for them.

Six-band stations were KH6LC, KH6J, and PJ2T. HK1NA usually makes that list but
even though they were way loud on 160 I could not get an answer from them.
Probably because my radial field has suffered from recent construction.

EU was scarce, only a dozen or so worked and only on 40, 20, and 15.

73 & CU
Carl WS7L
K-line + DB-18 at 65 feet for 10-40, Butternut HF-2V for 80, T-top vertical for
160 with a wire loop on the ground for diversity.