[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:07:29 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): KU8E K4BAI W4EF K9NW PJ4LS
Station: PJ4G

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   360    18       61
   80:  1144    28      103
   40:  2803    34      127
   20:  3145    38      131
   15:  2576    32      123
   10:   587    18       38
-------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

2016 was our 10th trip to Bonaire as PJ4A for CQWW DX CW for K4BAI and myself.
At dinner one night before the contest we were trying to compile a list of
calls of contesters that have joined us on our adventure over the years. I
think we came up with 20+ different callsigns. It's even more if you add in
those that have joined K4BAI for his CQ WPX trips. This year Mike, W4EF , Mike,
K9NW and Hans, PJ4LS joined us. This turned out to be an excellent team. Three
of our operators were past WRTC competitors.

As everyone knows propagation conditions where disturbed. Our 10 meter numbers
are way down from the past. On 160 and 80 sometimes signals were weak from
places they they normally aren't. We had an excellent JA opening, with strong
signals, on 80 meters on both nights just after EU sunrise which I don't recall
in the past. I haven't counted yet but we might have worked at least 100 QSO's
with JA on that band. 20 and 40 meters were great as they usually are from down
here. We setup a 3rd station with a lockout to work multipliers which we haven't
done recently. It really helped. We might have one of our best multiplier totals
ever.

Thanks again to Hans, PJ4LS, for his help over the years. It's nice to have
someone on the island we know and trust. Also to Noah, K2NG, for giving John
and I the opportunity over the years to operate CQWW CW over the past 10 years
at this very nice station. The local interisland airline between the ABC
islands is having reliability and financial challenges, which doesn't make it
easy to get here. Hopefully we will be fortunate enough to make it trip #11
next year.

Jeff / KU8E   for the PJ4A team