[3830] CQWW CW W6PH SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6PH SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:12:01 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 39.3

  160:   39    11       18
   80:  106    21       47
   40:  545    31       90
   20:  562    34       95
   15:  248    27       67
   10:   38    12       19
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

K3 Expert 1.3K-FA  Win-Test
Temporary yagis on AB-577 masts at 60 feet
Slopers below the yagis for 80 and 160

There is no doubt that conditions were very disturbed.  There were many paths
where I could hear stations but they could not hear me.  This was especially
true on 160 in the early evening when Caribbean stations were not working any
of the west coast stations that were calling. Eighty was very noisy all
weekend.  It was very difficult to work any European stations on 40 meters in
the evening and they were very weak.  The European opening on 20 and 15 lasted
less than an hour in the morning. Ten meters had very short openings to the
Caribbean and you had to be there. On the other hand the JA's were in abundance
accounting for at least 80 per cent of my contacts.  This is still the premier
contest of the year and a lot of enjoyment despite the conditions.

I will be VP9/W6PH for the ARRL's in February and March. This will be my 18th
consecutive year there.

73, Kurt W6PH