[3830] CQWW CW K8GL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8gl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8GL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:58:22 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8GL
Operator(s): K8GL
Station: K8GL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   57    13       33
   40:  154    23       67
   20:  340    28       97
   15:  130    19       51
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

The best CW contest of the year is now over! Conditions were challenging.
Thanks to all the expeditions who made it interesting. All ops who went no more
than 3 QSO's before signing are especially thanked. If 8P5A can do it so can
you.

Not all of us are convinced that we need the various operating aids such as
RBN, packet, skimmers, and super check partial.  I would like to encourage
newer ops to "pull the plug" for at least one contest a year to
sharpen the operating skills. At minimum it is a great mental exercise that
forces you to copy everything accurately. And there is a certain joy to finding
and working a new station before the packet mobs call them. Let's put the word
"search" back into "search and pounce". New Years
resolution?

K8GL