[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:55:42 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT KB9OWD K3WA WT2P N9CK K9ZO N7MB
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   96    18       44
   80:  310    28       97
   40:  989    40      139
   20: 1336    36      133
   15:  482    29      111
   10:  104    18       43
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

2016  6274400
2015 14893120
2014 19383140
2013 16020992
2012 13416840

With a great team and all station components working, this is the impact of a
high solar wind and low SFI, higher A and K indexes....and probably our
location.

We really worked out as much of the bands as possible. This was not a lack of
effort or skill. We also had much fun. We tried everything we could to make a
few more QSOs or get the next multiplier. We only had a few dupes compared to
prior years.

This year a Waller Flag was added to the mix of receiving antennas. We could
hear very well on both 80 and 160. It seems we hear better than the stations we
called. 8Q7DV and A44A were both very strong and easy copy on 80m Sunday but we
could not be heard....even when there were no other callers! But this happened
very often...seems that the DX stations must have a high noise level or no rx
antennas. We only run 1500 watts!

We did get 40 zones on 40m. This was a great surprise. We really thought we
could get 100 DXCC on 80m but just could not be heard when we called! I hope
next year that low band conditions are better and we can work more DX.

Thanks for all the QSOs and digging us out of the QRM and noise.

73, Craig K9CT