[3830] CQWW CW VA3PCJ SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3pcj@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3PCJ SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:36:14 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3PCJ
Operator(s): VA3PCJ
Station: VA3PCJ

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: FN25EJ
Operating Time (hrs): 17:39

  160:
   80:   31     2        2
   40:   53     8       12
   20:   72     9       35
   15:   33     9       14
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rig: IC-703 & 5W. Ant: Quasi vertical 50+ Ft. wire w/single set of 1/4 WL
elevated counterpoise aires. Used the ICOM 703 keyer. Corrections were made
manually using the single-paddle Bushwacker. Most difficult character to
receive from my callsign was "P", followed by ommitting the
"J" altogether or hearing an "E" instead of an
"A". Only two stations were heard in 10m but never replied. Several
were heard in 160m but the LDG RT-100 refused to tune the vertical for that
band. Lots of QSB even down to 40m. Furthest DX QSOs were likely LP, PS, OH and
KH6 (QRP in 40m!). Aiming at ~185 valid QSOs and a score of ~35,000. A summary
will be posted in the coming days to thewakesileave.worpress.com. Many THX to
all who had the equipment, the skill and the patience! for decoding my
challenged signal. 73 Jose VA3PCJ.