[3830] SS SSB K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 04:25:02 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.3

------------
  160:
   80:  506
   40:  119
   20:  571
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Our 2016 Hesston College ARC Sweepstakes team included three aviation students
(Tyler, Amos, Ryuki) and two computer science students (Yedidiya, Ryan), all
unlicensed. We got in a number of good practice sessions including the
California QSO Party before the big weekend, and the practice paid off.  Team
logging worked great, and both Tyler and Ryan even "soloed" the
station as others kept track of the Sweep.

We broke for the night an hour earlier than usual with a section count of 80.
The rates had really dropped off and everyone was tired. It was a good decision
as the morning brought the final three sections in short order. Our countdown
was AK MAR VI NL and PR, with KP4/KA1R giving us the Sweep at 1621Z.

Sunday was slow as usual with a few nice runs thrown in when someone spotted
us. Our "Sunday Sweep" attempt came up four short - EWA, ID, WY, PAC
(none heard). It was especially fun to chat with the other School stations:
W1YK W1YU W4UAL W3EAX W0EEE K5LSU W8EDU K8TGR W9JWC. I'm late getting this
posted, but because of that, I can report that we already have 3 QSL cards from
the other school stations! I'll return the favor shortly.

The students really appreciated those of you who took time to encourage them,
and special thanks to those of you who slowed down or repeated things for us
when needed. We want to thank all of you for being out there for us to work,
and we hope to hear you again in 2017!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC