[3830] CQWW CW VC2T(@VA2EW) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2tzt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VC2T(@VA2EW) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 06:41:59 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VC2T
Operator(s): VA2AN VA2EW VA2TTA VA2WA VE2BR VE2DDZ
Station: VA2EW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Montreal QC
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  481    15       49
   80: 1032    22       94
   40: 1288    37      125
   20: 1844    34      125
   15:  969    27      114
   10:   82    14       29
------------------------------

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

It was the first ever M/2 CW at the station were we have only one tower with two
SteppIR antennas (DB42 and 3 el). The other antennas including 4sq 80m, 160T and
beverages are some wire antennas in the forest. We also have a spider beam with
a mast but we did not put it up because during the SSB part for an unknown
reason it drifted down by 500Khz and came back to normal after the contest
(after cooling or drying or both ?)then we had not much motivation to do the
hard work of pulling up the Spider Beam aluminum mast in the dark under a bad
rainy and cold weather (around 0 C).

We were six operators but we had a seventh in the team, George VA2EN who was
operator in the SSB part but is not a CW guy. He had so much fun during the SSB
part that he wanted to be among us and then as he did for the SSB was our
excellent cook.
Among the operators we had two CW contest beginners and they did very well.

Except the 10m which as usual is not existing in Quebec we had several good
surprises with the propagation. One of them: Saturday morning, after a night
without any European contact we had on 40m during the 30 mn following the sun
rise a fabulous opening to Europe ???

In conclusion a lot of fun and a very good mood.

Thanks to everybody for the contacts and the spots.

73's from the VC2T team.