[3830] CQWW CW DL4AAE SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl4aae@darc.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DL4AAE SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:11:23 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL4AAE
Operator(s): DL4AAE
Station: DL4AAE

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: nr Stuttgart
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  727    34      114
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Operated field day style from a hilltop with very low ambient noise level.
Following the sharp decline of solar sunspot numbers I opted for the single
band/20m category and dug out my trusty 2-ele.-delta-loop antenna which I used
the last time in CQWW 2010. Its design allows an instantaneous switching of the
beam direction. So I could observe some amazing propagation effects, e.g. XE1CT
coming in via long path across the Indian and Pacific Ocean! All in all it was
fun again to be part of The Contest and to meet old friends on the air.