[3830] ARRL 160 W6PH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W6PH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 17:14:39 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA (ORG)
Operating Time (hrs): 15.2

Total:  QSOs = 602  Sections = 77  Countries = 7  Total Score = 104,916

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

FTdx3000 - Expert 1.3K-FA  Win-Test
Homebrew inductively loaded sloper 60 feet long below monoband yagi

A very mediocre effort this year.  I quit at 11 pm on Friday night and 10 pm on
Saturday night.  The band was relatively quiet on Friday night.  I thought
Saturday night was noisier especially between 5 pm and 8 pm PST after which the
band got quieter.  Still a tough path to the northeast and missed RI, EMA, NLI,
and NNY.  I spent a lot of time calling PJ4 but couldn't attract their
attention. There was a lot of fast fading.  Signals would pop out of the noise
and disappear just as quickly.

It is always fun to do the ARRL 160 before I disassemble my temporary antenna
farm.

73, Kurt W6PH