[3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 19:15:56 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 10.25

Total:  QSOs = 1009  Sections = 78  Countries = 29  Total Score = 228,766

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I operated the first 10 hours and 16 minutes straight on 1825.  Used only 1
radio since earlier this fall I lost a SMT diode in my other K3 and didn't want
to chance having to replace another one.  Only in the 0700z hour did I make some
Q's off my frequency.

I knew conditions were going to be excellent when TM5X called me at 2204z.  I
was so starlted that I had him repeat his call 3 times!  Later on I had an idea
to operate full time since this is as good as it gets but when the rate dropped
I decided against it.

I was using a new YCCC binomical phased array on Europe and it played well but
devolped a problem Friday night of being intermittent.  It would go away
completley then come back to life.  It is only 2 directions and Saturday during
the day I determined that it was only working SW so I disconnected the wires
grounding the SW relays and it stopped working altoghether this even more so
dammpened my ennthusiam to get back on.

A lot of activity, please, please try to remember and get on for the Stew Perry
event on Decemeber 17.

Missed AK, NL, NT, PR, and SB.

  HOUR  160CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------   -----   -----
   22     134     134     134
   23     137     137     271

    0     133     133     404
    1     109     109     513
    2     115     115     628
    3     108     108     736
    4      93      93     829
    5      73      73     902
    6      55      55     957
    7      45      45    1002
    8       7       7    1009

  TOTAL  1009

      Continent List  W9RE 160 ARRL

                   160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =    889     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0    889
  VE calls    =     67     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     67
  N.A. calls  =     12     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     12
  S.A. calls  =      5     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      5
  Euro calls  =     35     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     35
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Asia calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  JA calls    =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Ocen calls  =      1     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      1

  Unknowns    =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0

  Total calls =   1009     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0   1009