[3830] ARRL 160 K7DR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7DR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 21:45:39 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

Total:  QSOs = 60  Sections = 32  Countries = 3  Total Score = 3,936

Club:

Comments:

FTdX3000 abt 80w to end fed 130 ft wire, 30 ft at one end to 10 ft at the
other.
N1MM+

Moved to a new QTH last week,10 miles north of previous QTH, and got up an end
fed 130' wire in the trees. The temporary shack is the dining room table next
to sliding glass doors to the back yard.

I have an odd problem with transmitting as little as 5 watts, on 160M only,
makes my cable box re-boot. Tried moving the box, moving the path of my wire
ant through the trees, removing the coax feed to the box, but it keeps
re-booting. I waited until about 0730z Saturday night and unplugged the box to
get on for an hour or so. My first contacts from the new QTH.

Condx were good, I was able to hear several stations from 6 & 7 land, but
only worked as far west as CO. Only DX was ZF9CW.

Thanks to all who pulled my little pistol signal through.

73
Dave - K7DR