[3830] ARRL 10 W1DYJ SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1DYJ SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 03:19:45 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:   70    32
  SSB:   33    21
-------------------
Total:  103    53  Total Score = 18,338

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

RIG - TS-2000
 Antenna - 5el HB @ 30'
 Logger: N3FJP 10M Ver 5.3
 Mostly S&P

One of my favorite contests, and the one I have the longest
time with: my 23rd continuous annual event.  The good
news -- I did better than the last time the sunspots were
this weak.  Probably due to using CW -- in 1994 I was still
a Tech and was just getting back into Ham Radio after 25
years away due to marriage, kids, station wagons, dogs, etc.
Back in '94 I had a dipole strung up across the corners of my
bedroom in my bachelor apartment, with a TS-430S.

This was good practice for my still meager CW listening skills,
as I spent lots of time listening to weak CW signals.  I did
capture a new country on CW -- Tonga -- and a new state on
10M CW, both already confirmed!  :)

I do have to wonder, given the weak signals, if my old, HB yagi
needs some maintenance, or the coax needs replacement.  It did
seem that signals were weaker than I expected.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ