[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 05:17:49 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:
  SSB:  90     34
-------------------
Total:  90     34  Total Score = 6,120

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Station:

Radio: K-2 set to 5 Watts
Antenna: 3 el SteppIR up 32 feet
--------------------------------

Condx were much worse than last year, but not as bad as the worst ARRL 10 Meter
contest at the bottom of the last cycle!

There were no best Qs in this contest. 91% were USA stations.  I got 25 states
and 4U1WB (DC). 7% of my Qs were in So America and 2% in Oceania (VKs).

The one great thing about this contest is that I can CQ and get results!  35 of
my 90 Qs were by CQing! My rate when I CQ is MUCH higher than Search &
Pounce and that is fun.  But I could only successfully S&P for about an
hour total. Condx have to be very good to S&P with my QRP station!

My DXCC was 9 countries and my WAZ was also 9.  This compares to 24 and 15 for
last year.  But this was certainly not as bad as this contest in 2007 where I
had a DXCC of 1 !!!

Well, I'm sending my K-2 in for alignment and also trying to get the antenna
tuner working.  So I'll be off the air with my K-2 for a month or so.  But see
you in the ARRL DX in mid Feb!

...Bill Parker   W8QZA - W6QU