[3830] ARRL 10 N1LN SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1LN SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:38:11 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:  457    72
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  457    72  Total Score = 131,616

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had some free time between weekend projects so thought it would be a good
opportunity to practice SO2V.  I tried this in the ARRL 160 but without the aid
of N1MM+.  The manual method was troublesome and even got the K3 hung a few
times.  This SW controlled method was much better and fun.  Really helped with
the multipliers.

Best Q of the contest was when 9J2HN called me at 1548 UTC. Also surprised to
work ZS6WN (SP with skimmer) and ZB2Tt (SP the old way - actually scanning the
band).

Late Saturday morning my South America antenna went dead. Fortunately it is
only at 35' so I went up the tower a few times but no joy.  Sunday I decided to
bypass the stackmatch and it now worked.  The Stackmatch is at 70ft and I need
to climb around a ring rotor to get there and it was just too cold. Fortunately
we live in the almost south, so there will be a warm enough day soon.

Thanks for the Qs and Happy Holidays.

73,
Bruce N1LN