[3830] ARRL 10 W1VE(@K2LE/1) SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1VE(@K2LE/1) SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:25:18 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Remote Operation

   CW:  213    50
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  213    50  Total Score = 42,600

Club: Vytautas Magnus Univ Radio Club

Comments:

It was the best of times, worst of times... thus goes the 2016 ARRL 10M
contest.
Acting more like 6m, lots of scatter and Es work this weekend.  I did not have
a lot of time to operate, so gave out VT where I could.  Very nice run Saturday
evening, with the midwest pounding in on Sporadic E.  IN, IL, MN, MO, KS, MI.
Caught W6YX in a bit of double-hop.  Did not hear other Pushed the rate meter
to 180 for about 45 minutes, then it was all gone.

Sunday morning was interesting.   Every time I turned the beam, I worked people
in a different direction.  Northwest?  Worked EA8.   90 degrees?  Worked Europe
(Well, Spain) (plus a few Africans).  SSW?   SA was louder int that direction.
 South?  Huge pileup of MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL stations.

I would have stayed on longer, but many tasks this weekend.  10m in the low
years is about stamina and BIC time...  not for me this go round.

Glad to give Vermont to the deserving.  Thanks to Andy for the use of the
station.

73 Gerry W1VE