[3830] ARRL 10 N5FO SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samsadventure@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N5FO SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:30:42 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5FO
Operator(s): N5FO
Station: N5FO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Tyrone, NM
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   CW:  645    76
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  645    76  Total Score = 227,040

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Contest conditions no sunspots, solar index of 70, some geomagnetic activity.
Pretty easy to figure this was a slow one! I started out just to get on a bit
and "play", and didn't even get on until 1350 Saturday morning. I
started out thinking CW/SSB because of the slow conditions, and did make 22SSB
contacts early.

But a nice run between 17:35 and 19:12 of 246 CW Q's got my enthusiasm up, and
I decided to give it a go (CW) . part of this decision was to test out my new
Expert 1.3K, so I never turned the big AL-1500 on.  The 1.3K performed
flawlessly and stayed cool the entire contest.

I heard only one European the entire contest for a brief second, and poof, he
was gone! Did work a small string of ZL, ZM, VK at 2224 Saturday. In spite of
trying, never heard a single JA. The activity in the Caribbean, Cuba and SA was
a little better than expected, so thanks for those mults.

Highlight for Sunday was a strong V51YJ called me at 1700 - nice surprise!

In comparison, last year 1001/102 to this year 645/76. The low cycle is here!

Thanks for all the Q's good thing stateside counts in this one, maybe things
will be better next year.