[3830] ARRL 10 F4GXX SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, baptiste.hermange@hotmail.fr
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 F4GXX SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:03:18 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: F4GXX
Operator(s): F4GXX
Station: F4GXX

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: TRESBOEUF - IN97fv
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   CW:  60     19
  SSB:  18     10
-------------------
Total:  78     29  Total Score = 8,004

Club:

Comments:

Hello to all,

THIS CONTEST WAS MY FIRST CONTEST EVER AS A SINGLE-OP FROM MY QRA WITH
"SMALL PISTOL CONDITIONS" !!!

I HAVE WAITED 4 LONG YEARS TO PARTICIPATE TO THIS CONTEST ! (I'm a 10M
enthousiat so far). It was only possible after buying my home.

Rig: IC-7300 (100w)
Antenna: 2el wire MOXON @9,20m AGL
Rotor: no rotor...armstrong method with a compass...
Software: HRD v6

Many thanks for indulgence of all stations that I have worked.

Started saturday morning at UTC 08:30AM, I started by missing M6T on USB due to
QSB but I could be able to work few RU/RA stations, 4X, FR4 and an ATNO (3B9HA),
mainly in CW. At midday, the band became very quiet until 2h30PM UTC, when
signals from SA stations where growing on the scope. I think my main error
during this contest was to miss too much stations during saturday... (I had
putted too much confidence in propagation for sunday).

(Finally, propagation was better saturday than sunday but I didn't know
yet....)

Sunday morning: the band was much quieter than the day before !!! I waited to
work other RU/RA (or East EU) stations but I didn't worked as much stations...
I was disappointed.

By chance, I was able to work some F stations (CW and USB), and also some AF,
FY5KE and a few multis. Conditions were a little bit better in the afternoon
(compared to the morning of course) but still not as good as saturday.

I have worked an US station (FL) but in other hand I wasn't able to hear all
caribbean stations(except P4/DL6RAI to weak with QSB) and all other US/VE
stations. All SA stations readable were almost already in the log.

Band was closed sooner than saturday (approximately 1 hour).

But so far, it was a great experience for me and a lot of fun despite rough
conditions. I will work to perform better next time (If there will still be
some propagation...)

See you soon on the air

73'

Baptiste F4GXX