[3830] ARRL 10 K7XC SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7xcnv1@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7XC SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 00:58:55 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: NV - DM09jh
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  222    54
  SSB:   24    12
-------------------
Total:  246    66  Total Score = 61,776

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A really rugged Contest for the most part except for a huge opening Saturday
morning! That pile up lasted almost 2 hours before the band faded into signals
that sounded torn and shredded. Sunday Morning I heard the first signals around
6:30AM, 8:00AM things were much improved but nothing like Saturday. By 12:30AM
the band was utterly dead. By the end of the contest I felt like I had been
rolled and beaten down a dirty noisy gravel road. Why doesn't anyone use the
SSB portion above 28.400? The band was open with the SSB portion crammed below
400 and empty above.... just nuts!  Station here was a 4ele home-brew mono-band
DK7ZB Design yagi at 30' driven by 100W from a very old IC-746. Best of Luck!