[3830] ARRL 10 KE0OR M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan@droyer.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KE0OR M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 03:12:03 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KE0OR
Operator(s): KE0OR AE0EE
Station: KE0OR

Class: M/S LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   CW:  17      2
  SSB:  14      8
-------------------
Total:  31     10  Total Score = 960

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I've been a ham many years (over 50) but am relatively new to contesting (except
for Field Days and a few other isolated events over the years). Thanks to Bill,
AE0EE, I've learned that this old dog can learn some new tricks.

My hf antennas were limited to a 20 and 40 meters inverted v's so Bill invited
me to his QTH in St. Peter and on the Sunday before this contest we built a 10
meter wire dipole. I strung it up during the next few days and on Friday
December 9 Bill came to my QTH and helped me with contest operating techniques
as well as software and rig contest setup.

Here's what we were using:
- Transceiver: Kenwood TS-940S (rig control presently not functional)
- Power: 100 WATTS
- Antenna: Dipole 20 feet above ground.
- CW was on straight key by Bill, AE0EE

My personal goal is to keep contesting and get comfortable with CW so a year
from now I can enjoy 20 wpm or better.  Bill is full of ideas to help me get
there.  Thanks Bill and everybody we worked!

The contest was enjoyable on Friday night and Saturday but Sunday the band sure
was dead.  Overall, this 10 meter contest was a blast.  I'm looking forward to
many more.

Dan, KE0OR