[3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:20:38 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 12:30

Total:  QSOs = 509  Sections = 63  Countries = 4  Total Score = 69,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A small station in the Mid-Atlantic who operates only the second night can't
make a big score in this contest, but sure can have a lot of fun.

After SS CW and SSB I was afraid my feedline was open.  I checked it before
this contest; feedline was ok, and antenna seems to have worked ok.  I'll have
to attribute poor SS performance to condx (or bad operating).

My first real (one-night) effort was two years ago.  Score was down a little
last year, and down a little again this year.  Condx were better for me that
first year: I worked a couple of Europeans and lots of West Coast USA.  This
year I heard only one European, and maybe a second.  I was zero-for-California,
and not much beyond the eastern foothills of the Rockies.  Couldn't even get
oft-heard AA5B for NM.  Heard a few other Sections that I missed, incl a loud
WY S&P.  Heard one Midwesterner send a report to inaudible KH6LC; ditto
VY1AAA.

The number and location of participants getting the sweep is impressive.