[3830] CWopsT K9MA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9ma@sdellington.us
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9MA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 05:23:36 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Dec 15

Call: K9MA
Operator(s): K9MA
Station: K9MA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  26
   40:  11
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  37  Mults = 33  Total Score = 1,221

Club:

Comments:

I think this hole is getting deeper. That was tougher than any of my QRP
operations, save the one from that Utah canyon. Lots of loud, usually
responsive operators just couldn't hear me at all.  As far as I could tell, 100
Watts were coming out of the radio, but going nowhere.  I think conditions were
pretty good, though 40 started long and got longer. I expect there was lots of
activity on 160, but I didn't bring that much wire.

It's been interesting, but it seems my favorite desert camping spots are poor
for radio operating. At least there are no mosquitoes, and it's a lot warmer in
December than Michigan.

Should be home next week.

73,

Scott K9MA

Furnace Creek campground, Death Valley, CA. 190 feet below sea level.
Tent, car camping

K3, 100W, deep cycle SLA battery, voltage booster

End fed 40M half wave, 11M fishing pole support. Two 20M radials for 80.