[3830] ARRL 10 N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 01:49:50 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

   CW:  160    33
  SSB:  152    23
-------------------
Total:  312    56  Total Score = 66,080

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The XYL was in the hospital. Fortunately, I had some time Saturday afternoon
when there was a good Es opening to north TX working its way north to ON and as
close as IN and MI. At the same time, there was F2 mostly to the far west USA
and BC and by 2145Z a good opening to southern SA and and YV only farther
north. Just after sunset, the guys out west on F2 faded out and SA was fading
fast at 2230Z. The Es into 9 land and MN/IA lasted until around 23Z. Sunday AM
was poor at best. At the peak, I was hearing weak FL stations struggling to
work EU stations who were totally inaudible here. The only DX worked was
EA8(answered CQ), PJ2, HP, and TI and backscatter was pretty much limited to
only big guns on the East Coast.

I think I provided a mult to quite a few. I hate to admit 160 was more fun this
year. Activity was definitely down and prop was mostly quite poor. The XYL is
improving.

73, Jeff