[3830] TBDC W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:37:41 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 714  Total Score = 4,444

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

That was a lot of fun!  213 QSOs >= 10pts!  I thought conditions were strange
when I had VE7s calling me in the 0100Z hour- that's 6pm their time!  I was
hoping to top the contest off by working a JA or two, but didn't hear a thing-
and didn't hear anybody else work one (one can usually hear the West coast guys
working JAs).

Best DX  VK3IO  34 pts
Second Best DX    KH6LC  RL4A both 17 points

Band was very noisy when beaming USA- the warm and cold fronts colliding were
causing a lot of noise.  When beaming Europe, it was much quieter.  The new
beverage helps some, but mostly used the 4-square because of the ease in
changing the beamed direction.

Beat last year's raw QSO total by almost a hundred, but already 225 points
ahead of last year's total without the QRP/LP Rx points added in!  I've been
playing in this contest for a few years, and this year conditions were the best
I've heard for a Stew.

There did seem to be more European participation this year as compared to last,
but maybe a little less USA participation.  It will be interesting to see how
the log totals come out.

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station, and for the Boring
Amateur Radio Club for their sponsorship of this event.

Dennis W1UE