[3830] RAC Winter VE4GV SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE4GV SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:44:49 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 8:37

  160:   51      3       5         2
   80:   40      4       7         3
   40:   93     59       7         7
   20:  217    447       9        10
   15:    3      1       0         0
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  404    514      28        22  Total Score = 211,800

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Partial effort. Conditions seemed pretty good though I was not on for most of
the DX openings. Low band was nice warm up for the December Stew Perry later
that evening.  Nice to see some local HF activity by other VE4s, mostly on
SSB.
Some of the CW runs were fun.  I may just have to try using the RAC call again
next year to see how it goes. Mag loop helps on receive...after 45 years as a
ham, I'm finally beginning to enjoy the lower freqs a bit.

It was a good weekend to be inside as temps hovered in the -30s C. Brrr. Still,
interrupted the test -  went to see Jerry Seinfeld on Sat evening to break up
the weekend.

Thanks for all the Qs.

Rob VE4GV

Writelog