[3830] TBDC VE3CV Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3CV Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:59:32 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: En93el
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

Total:  QSOs = 245  Total Score = 1,505

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Left the cluster on, so Multi-Op, but all S&P entry and just kept trolling.
Good conditions to West Coast, but never heard KH6 or KL7.  No VE6 heard, but a
few VE7s.  Thanks to VK3IO for pulling me out (I hope) for a 50 pointer! Just a
whisper on the 270deg BOG.  Stayed up for total EU sunrise for the first time
this season and glad I did.  First EU was 9A5W with big signal at 0456Z and
closed by GM4Z at 0821Z for 22 EU QSOs. Good pipeline into Germany.  Also OA4TT
at 0728Z was only SA in the log.  Big periods of terrible noise with local big
snow storm and some freezing rain, but at least the antennas all stayed up.

Thanks to all the super Ops with good RX antennas....only a few alligators
found, but some EU stations have to take a break from the F1 key (CQ) and
listen!  Could barely get my callsign out at 19wpm between their calls.
Frustrating....5 second minimum repeat should be built into N1MM.
Looking forward to CQ160 as Top Band conditions are definitely improving.  Now
to just get JA in the log.
73  Jeff VE3CV

FT-1000MP (1995) with Inrad filters  100W.
TX Antenna:
80m doublet at 50ft apex used as Top-loaded vertical with 14 radials
RX Antenna:
Temporary 600ft Beverages for NW, NE, S
200ft BOGs for W and E
PA0RDT Active Antenna built on VE3FEX board at 40ft.