[3830] RAC Winter VE6FI M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, coolican@telus.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6FI M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 00:02:48 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6FI
Operator(s): VE6AQ VE6FI
Station: VE6FI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Morinville
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:          18                 6
   80:          85                 8
   40:         191                 9
   20:         374                 8
   15:          70                 3
   10:           1                 1
    6:
    2:
Total:   0     739       0        35  Total Score = 141,050

Club:

Comments:

Rather cold.  I took 6 hours to bring the trailer up to temperature.  Operators
were Denis and Evan.

Solar panels were backed up by our 6.5 KW genset.  We were putting fuel in the
generator at night and I said to Evan that we should really shut it off when we
are refueling. We did.  When it came time to restart, the starting rope was
broken and with no electric start, there was no start.

We had to work fast as with no back up generator the batteries would discharge
quit quickly with all the equipment still on. Once the batteries drop in
voltage the UPS would drop out and so would our lights and furnace.  We would
be working with flashlights.

In 5 minutes we were back up.