[3830] CWopsT W9ZV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W9ZV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 21:41:28 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 5

Call: W9ZV
Operator(s): W9ZV
Station: W9ZV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  82
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  82  Mults = 82  Total Score = 6,724

Club: DuPage ARC

Comments:

running great, objective was to do entire hour in run mode.

started at exactly 0300 banging away cqing since the start - totally clear freq
never changed frequency/moved or called even one station S&P.

all was well until N1LN came up just on top of me about 180 hz, called
"QRL?" one time (which was a nice gesture),  but waited only 500ms
and started banging away CQ.  he couldn't have possibly really made any real
effort to ACTUALLY listen... it was just a faux QRL call for appearances only.

Obviously, he had his RX filters in their narrowest mode, and never bothered to
tune around even a tiny bit after the QRL call and his xmtr dropped.  that is
just ignorant.

no reason for that when there is another 50khz open to use.  He just wanted the
3835 spot in the band I guess.  I'm a little pistol, with wires only, so I
normally just move aside.  But this arrogance really burned me, so the war was
on until one of us gave up, and I wasn't going to.

apologies to others who may have heard this fiasco.  I probably lost nearly 10m
in this crapola.