[3830] RTTY Roundup K8KI SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K8KI SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 01:46:25 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K8KI
Operator(s): K8KI
Station: K8KI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:
   40:  263
   20:  313
   15:   19
   10:
------------
Total:  595  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 24  Total Score = 45,815

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Unluckiest contest ever for me:
Wed: spent 3 hrs trying to get configuration right. N1MM PTT just refused, but
finally got it going by 11pm. Saved it all.
Thurs: 80 loop antenna came down. Now no night antenna.
Fri: Couldn't get Wed configuration to work. Got another configuration to work
the PTT by 11 pm. Saved it all.
Sat: PTT won't work again. Got still another config to work by 11:45am. Worked
contest for 3 hours, then changed bands. Now PTT broke again. Down for another
3 hours. Got still another config to work. Left all but the amp on all night
for fear of it happening again.
Sun: Turned on the Alpha 9500 amp. Heard a loud thump a minute later. Replacing
the fuse didn't help. Dragged out the old Alpha 91B, but I had yanked out the
transformer a couple of years ago. Had to rip it all apart to get the
transformer back in. Stripped a screw, which refused to come out. Had to drill
it out. AM I REALLY GOING TO DRILL A HOLE IN MY ALPHA!? I did. This is a
contest, after all.  I didn't beat last year's score. Wonder why!