[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 03:38:08 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
   80:  102
   40:   31
   20:  142
   15:   37
   10:    9
------------
Total:  321  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 27  Total Score = 23,433

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Note to self, read the rules more precisely next time. There is no Qrp class!
Fortunately, I saw AF9J Ellen's email about no Qrp entry after my first 1.5
hours in the chair struggling to make Q's, so it wasn't a total bust...Thanks
Ellen :)
Saturday night 40 and 80 went long very early, and 40 was almost void of new
stations to work after about 9PM or so local. Left coast started early on 80,
and close in OH and IA signals were weak. Ended that shift at about 1:30am
local time.
Started my third shift at about 8:30am local time Sunday morning on 20m, hoping
for lots of EU DX. It was a struggle early working EU as signals were very
fluttery for the first hour or so. Not a lot of EU, and then the band shifted
west and NW pretty early. Kept checking 15 and 10 periodically. Was able to
find some additional SA and CA DX mults on 15 but no new mults on 10. Made 9
Q's on 10. I wonder if they are the same 9 NV9L worked! I had to QRT from the
contest by 1:30PM local time to take care of a few chores around the house.
Mostly S&P, but did put together a couple mini runs on 80m and 20m. Always
very short lived though.
Looking forward to NAQP CW next weekend.

73 Gene N9TF
K3S/P3, 100 watts. N1MM+/MMTTY. 10-20m 2 element triband at 37', 40-80 100'
40/80 dipole at 35'.