[3830] RTTY Roundup KI6DY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KI6DY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 00:15:37 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KI6DY
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  219
   40:  252
   20:  355
   15:  171
   10:   12
------------
Total: 1009  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 16  Total Score = 70,630

Club:

Comments:

Despite the almost total lack of DX from this location, this contest was alot of
fun. Great rates and no real lull in the activity from start to finish.

I must apologize to those answering my CQs on 15M on Sunday afternoon. I became
suspicious that something was wrong on this end when station after station kept
asking me to repeat my state.

Turns out I was using the 2nd radio; a Flex5000 SDR. The PTT and the audio over
the virtual audio cable had somehow gotten out of sync. The audio was not
arriving until about a second after PTT assertion and also getting cut off at
the end when PTT dropped. A computer re-boot cured the problem. Another lesson
learned, don't try to stream playoff football to the same computer that's
running your SDR and contest software.

I really like the Flex, its receiver is great, but I have some inter-station
interference now that I didn't have before, so that will take some
investigation. One thing is for sure, S&P (and finding a clear run
frequency) with a panadapter is a piece of cake.

Thanks for the Qs, much appreciated.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)