[3830] NAQP CW K5TR(K5OT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5TR(K5OT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:53:57 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: K5TR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   52    28
   80:  236    46
   40:  407    52
   20:  515    59
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1210   185  Total Score = 223,850

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: DFWCG STOUT

Comments:

Thanks to George K5TR for the station access.  It's always a pleasure to contest
from his fine station, and NAQP (Jan) is one of my favorites.

I got to the station later than usual, with left little time to get things
completely set up prior to 1800Z.  It's never a good idea to rush at the last
minute, but I thought I could get started and then use a couple of well-placed
offtimes to get everything configured.  Not a good plan.  I ended up taking a
big slug of time early to get things settled, and that ultimately involved a
call to George to walk me through some things I couldn't figure out on my own.
(Thanks Geo!)

Lots of activity and the low bands seemed really good.  Thank goodness for
receiving antenna options to help tame the QRN later in the evening.

73,
Larry K5OT