[3830] NAQP CW WT2P Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fredwt2p@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WT2P Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:56:25 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  113    33
   80:   66    30
   40:  169    43
   20:   33    12
   15:   12     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  393   120  Total Score = 47,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC 0100

Comments:

This is always one of my favorite contests and was VERY fun on 160 for the first
time this year.

Elected to start late, so while the beginning of the contest was going on, I
was outside working on adding a feedline isolation balun to the 160 sloper
antenna. I'm glad I did as 20 and 15 were just not profitable here. Worked west
coast on 15 and a smattering of west/far midwest on 20. Went to 40 where I had
some good runs right before sunset and decided to take another break.

80M was mostly s&p with the 160 sloper, with the IC-7300 on 40. Was very
nice to be on 80 working Midwest and using the second radio to pick up west
coast mults on 40 as 40 went long to the west. Once 80 was dried up, 160 proved
to be the MONEY BAND for me. Despite the hi swr still persisting on the 160
sloper, the noise level was very low and I was surprised how well the antenna
was still working. Did notice that I could not run 160/40 SO2R due to some
interaction between the antennas.

Fell short of last year's score slightly (51k) and Q count (420), but I'm
encouraged by my first serious contest effort using SO2R and putting a lot of
the new station equipment through the paces. Was nice to work many SMC members,
especially on 160/80 and really glad to get a good jump on 160 WAS.

111 2nd radio QSO's, 90 RUN Q's, best hour 65Q

Equipment:
Radio 1: KX3 + KXPA100 + PX3
Radio 2: IC-7300

Antennas: 40/20 Inv V, 160 Sloper