[3830] NAQP CW KK4R Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk4r.rob@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KK4R Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 23:12:24 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KK4R
Operator(s): KK4R
Station: KK4R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:   46    22
   80:   84    38
   40:   60    23
   20:   45    16
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  235    99  Total Score = 23,265

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Colonial Capital 2

Comments:

After a day of cleaning up the garage and shed and hauling it all away to the
dump, I was pretty beat.  I started the contest late and it felt like I hadn't
done CW in a year.  On top of that, my wife notified me that we were going to a
wine tasting party in a little while.  I decided it was just going to be a
"search & pounce and get what you can" event.  After about two
hours, the QSOs were getting much easier, but it was time to taste wine.  I had
100 QSOs in the log -- not bad at all for me considering circumstances.

I got home from the party with just two hours to go in the contest, the radio
was ready, and I was motivated.  Fortified by herbal tea, which my daughter
supplies, I was motivated and got down to business.  I started in search &
pounce mode again and briefly contemplated CQing; however, 160m was wonderfully
quiet and 80m was loaded with stations.  The rate climbed until I hit 70 per
hour at one point, and then it slowly tapered off a bit.  I averaged 60 per
hour for the last two hours of the contest!  This was easily a best ever
performance for me doing search & pounce!  Could it have been the herbal
tea?  It certainly wasn't the wine.

Rob