[3830] NAQP SSB KK7PR(K7ZS) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KK7PR(K7ZS) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:02:28 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:  335    48
   20:
   15:  282    40
   10:
-------------------
Total:  617    88  Total Score = 54,296

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team: Barefoot Sasquatch

Comments:

Decided, since our Multi/Two effort once again failed to materialize, that I
would have some fun by doing something different.  Still used the club call,
but operated single op, and as always we signed RALPH to honor the club call's
original holder and dearly departed friend, Ralph KK7PR

For kicks, I put my beloved Kenwood TS-830S into position, and put my newly
acquired RF SPACE SDRIQ on the IF port on the TS-830S.  What a hoot!  A TS-830S
and a Panadapter!

15m was in great shape, so I ran until it pretty much petered out, then
switched over to the ARRL VHF contest for a while, and when I came back I
decided to go straight to 40m, to avoid the train wreck that 20m becomes.

40m was VERY productive, until later in the evening when the status crashed
were hitting 30 over S9.  Boy, are they fun to watch on the Panadapter!

The TS-830S with the right touch of compression and a Heil microphone is a
tough combination to beat, and they still have some of the best ears in the
business!

Thanks everyone for a fun day!

73 Kevin K7ZS - Trustee for KK7PR