[3830] NAQP SSB N0KTK M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kylekrieg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N0KTK M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 00:02:39 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N0KTK
Operator(s): N0KTK KE0HXL
Station: N0KTK

Class: M/2 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:  118    27
   40:  259    42
   20:   86    26
   15:   23     8
   10:
-------------------
Total:  486   103  Total Score = 50,058

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Always a fun contest.  Learned a lot and had a good time.  Only made it 10
hours, as we ran out of steam (need more caffeine next time). Tried some S02R
for the first time with some success.  Need to really learn N1MM more, as I
learn something new with each outing.  Trying to listen to different stations
in each ear and coordinating N1MM shortcuts is challenging.  We bettered our
score by 10K from Aug SSB 2016, so that was positive.  Started out on 15m then
worked our way down the bands.  40m and 80m had S7/S9 noise for us, but we
pulled some stations out of the muck.  Didn't have 160m or we would of switched
to that around 9pm central time.  Setup was two stations, with two dipoles,
spaced only 50 feet apart.  First dipole was 80-6m Windom with vertical
radiator at 35 feet.  Second dipole was 20 & 40 fan dipole at 20 feet.
Stations were Kenwood TM-480 and Flex 6700.  Thanks for all the contacts.  Blog
post to be written about my experience next week at http://n0ktk.blogspot.com.