[3830] NAQP SSB K4MI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4mi.will@icloud.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4MI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:48:13 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4MI
Operator(s): K4MI
Station: K4MI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    2     2
   80:   93    25
   40:   90    26
   20:   31    14
   15:   18    10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  234    77  Total Score = 18,018

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Colonial Capital #1

Comments:

While I don't normally mind operating SSB contests this one made me enjoy the CW
contest a lot more. Stations I could copy easily had difficulty copying me, and
vice versa. QSB was bad on 15 and 20, and it was rather noisy on 40 and 80.
Heard very little activity on 160m, a lot less than I would expect.

Had little luck on 15, and not much more on 20. Was on 40m by 2100z and got a
decent run in before the band started going really long. Went down to 80M after
2300z and got another run going that also resulted in working several PVRC
members, including one sending DC for the new multiplier! I think I had fellow
PVRC member K4MIL following me around on the bands, stations were hearing us
both and were kind of confused at times!

When I found NR4M down on 80 he instantly remembered me as a CW op and gave me
his exchange in CW and normal english. Took away some of the sting of the rough
goings in this contest.

Finally I should mention N4DJ's granddaughter was doing a very good job helping
him out in his multi-op effort! Hope to hear her on in several more contests in
the future!