[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 23:04:52 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   4     3  Total Score = 12

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

This contest (especially in January!) doesn't hold much hope of activity for us
in the frozen wastelands of NB like in the old days, but hats off to Dave,
VE9CB for doing as well as he did.

I had promised Dave,VE9CB I would get on Sunday morning to give him a Q, but
power was out up here, but by the afternoon, after some snowblowing and chores,
it was restored and so the Q materialized.

FN66 being somewhat rare these days, I looked for my old Pal Lefty, K1TOL who
is as reliable as the day is long on 6m and a Q was made.

Two of my NS buddies VE1JF and VE1SKY were after me, so they also made it into
the log.

They tried to gently coerce me into making a digital QSO of some kind (msk144
or wsjt-x something , but I held fast and so "forced" (ha ha) them to
use a CW key and decode the signal with their brains.  Sorry fellas.....I don't
do the digi......maybe someday when SSB and CW finally bore me.

6el @ 24' on roof of house.....660'ASL in FN66na
Rigs: 2 x IC-7410s, YCCC SO2R+ box, N3ZN ZN-9 paddle, Yamaha CM500
headset, N1MM+ logger
CU (all of  sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike VE9AA  in  NB and/or FN66